Thursday, March 19, 2009

Feline performance art





The Lamp, post performance.














The culprit: Jellybean, aka the flying squirrel cat


Performance objective: to leap over lamp onto sofa. Somewhat disadvantaged because of lack of skin flaps between extremities.
Performance only partially successful.

Presently considering possibilities of incorporating embellished origami bird into next performance.


Yes, this is a post about art. And life. At least in my house. I had regarded this as simply normal feline high-jinks, but a friend of mine, more astute than I, pointed out that I clearly did not appreciate the artistic abilities of my feline owners. I quote from his review: "As performance art it remains a statement of primal angst combined with the silliness of the human belief in the domestication of cats."

I stand corrected. His assessment has caused me to reevaluate a number of events involving my cats. And maybe someday I'll tell you about them. And maybe I won't. (Bet you're relieved to hear that...)



This has nothing to do with me.



No comments: